How far along is your state in transitioning to at-risk payment models? The interactive map below shows the progress each state’s government agencies, hospitals, physicians, and commercial payers have made to advance accountable payment models and care pilots.
Which states are leading the pack? Use the drop-down menu below to explore hospitals’ and physician groups’ progress—rated as low, medium, high, and very high—on five different models.
Filter the map by:
The maps represent publicly available data along with proprietary data and analysis. State populations were taken into account when scoring states. The five maps measure:
- Medicare Shared Savings Program: the presence of hospital and physician-founded Medicare ACOs.
- Bundled Payments for Care Improvement initiative: the presence of bundled payments arrangements through Medicare’s BCPI program.
- State-level Medicare and Medicaid innovation: the progress of a state’s legislative and regulatory environments toward at-risk payments for publicly insured patients.
- Provider-sponsored health plans: the proliferation of hospital-owned insurance offerings.
- Patient-centered medical homes: the presence of accredited medical homes in a state.
Please reach out to Matthew Pesesky (email@example.com) with any questions, comments, or requests.