Our Market Opportunity Assessment helps you evaluate potential service line opportunities.
Oncology Market Opportunity Assessment
Evaluate potential service line opportunities.
September 1, 2015
How to use the Market Opportunity Assessment
1. Assign category weights according to relative importance; ensure percentages sum to 100.
2. For each metric, assign a subjective score of 1-10, with ten representing the most attractive extreme (i.e., high patient volumes, low competition) and one the least attractive extreme
To ensure parallel scoring system, leverage subjective ratings (i.e., 1-10 scale) even for quantifiable factors.
3. Calculate category score by tumor site as follows:
- Average the category metrics (sum scores for all category metrics, divide by the total number of categories)
- Multiply by category weight
4. Generate global tumor site score by summing total category score by tumor site; prioritize tumor site program development according to strength of overall score.
5. See final page of tool for three suggested alternative vectors for prioritization of tumor site program development:
- Growth Potential