Strategies to instill frontline accountability
The Center recommends a three-part framework to instill frontline accountability:
- Enhance frontline staff members’ line-of-sight between their discrete, day-to-day actions and the institution’s overall performance against key goals.
- Create a culture of shared responsibility in which nurses feel individual responsibility for not only their own patients but all outcomes and goals.
- Provide frontline staff with a personal stake in organizational performance.
By reading this study, members will learn:
- Why pursuing individual, stand-alone campaigns to improve performance on key metrics will no longer deliver the desired level of nursing performance
- Simple strategies for making performance data meaningful and actionable for frontline staff
- Best practices for improving the frequency and effectiveness of peer-to-peer nurse feedback
- Reward and recognition strategies that ensure frontline staff members remain motivated to achieve key organizational goals